Friday 27 March 2009

Observation analysis

Direct observation
I have been watching our centre midfielder for the past few weeks. I take a notepad out with me and write down the factors of his poor performance. I also take in what he does well, for example he is a good tackler and reads the game well. However, on the ball he doesn’t see the correct passes early enough and lacks in quality on his final ball.


Indirect observation
I have also watched tape’s back in my office of the different games which show evidence of how the player lacks in confidence on the ball. When approaching the final third he rushes his pass and spoils the chance of a scoring opportunity for the team.


To improve this players performance I have been working on different session plans that I can introduce. This will also help the team as they will need to provide the right movement for the player in order for him to practice his passing.
I will also interact with the player myself by telling him what I see him doing wrong and ways which he can improve upon theses factors.


To review the players performance I used a swot analysis. This contains what I feel are the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of the player during the game. And this will also help me to see what I need to work on the player during training sessions that I am going to set up in order to improve him.

No comments:

Post a Comment